Joining us today is Dr. Jennifer Silva, an Associate Professor in Pediatric Cardiology at Washington University School of Medicine. She founded SentiAR with her partner and husband, Jonathan Silva who is an Assistant Professor in Biomedical Engineering at Wash U.
SentiAR is developing the first intra-procedural use of augmented reality in this space. Using the Microsoft HoloLens, they can display a patient-specific heart hologram with the real-time catheter locations to better guide minimally invasive catheter based procedures.
In this episode:
– What is cardiac electrophysiology.
– Dr. Silva’s personal journey to cardiac medicine.
– How she emerged into entrepreneurship.
– Some of the challenges she experienced along the way and how she stepped outside of her comfort zone.
– What has been the greatest surprise in entrepreneurship.
– How she finds balance with family, work, and community.
Company Twitter: https://twitter.com/sentiarco
Company LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sentiar/
Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/jenniferavari
Personal LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennifer-n-avari-silva-6845827
Entrepreneurially Thinking is another positive production of RareGem Productions. Thanks for listening!!